The Search Process
We’re prayerfully entering the process of searching for a new Senior Pastor, and our Search Team is an integral part of this process. The team is composed of a diverse group of volunteer leaders and elders who are deeply committed to our church family.
Search Process Steps
- Elmbrook reaches out through personal networks for potential candidates.
- Vanderbloemen (VB) announces the open position, leverages their network, and contacts potential candidates to apply.
- All candidates apply for the role through VB.
- VB interviews applicants and approves viable candidates for Elmbrook’s search team to review.
- Elmbrook search team reviews candidates and conducts thorough interviews to narrow their selection to 2-3 candidates.
- These candidates are presented to the Council of Elders for approval.
- The Senior Pastor will be called by the Council of Elders after the Council has ascertained the support of the membership of the church.
- If the Council of Elders does not call the Senior Pastor candidate, the process will start over with new candidates from VB.
Vanderbloemmen has announced the open position and will begin contacting potential candidates to apply. We’re encouraged and humbled as the process begins. Please be in prayer for the candidates, the men and women of our search team, and the whole of Elmbrook Church. We are grateful for all that God has done through Elmbrook, and we look to the future with great expectation! Join us as we pray from wisdom and discernment for all involved.