The Search Process
We’re prayerfully entering the process of searching for a new Senior Pastor, and our Search Team is an integral part of this process. The team is composed of a diverse group of volunteer leaders and elders who are deeply committed to our church family.
Search Process Steps
- Elmbrook reaches out through personal networks for potential candidates.
- Vanderbloemen (VB) announces the open position, leverages their network, and contacts potential candidates to apply.
- All candidates apply for the role through VB.
- VB interviews applicants and approves viable candidates for Elmbrook’s search team to review.
- Elmbrook search team reviews candidates and conducts thorough interviews to narrow their selection to 2-3 candidates.
- These candidates are presented to the Council of Elders for approval.
- The Senior Pastor will be called by the Council of Elders after the Council has ascertained the support of the membership of the church.
- If the Council of Elders does not call the Senior Pastor candidate, the process will start over with new candidates from VB.