Classes & Support Groups
Life can come with struggles and challenges. You aren't meant to go through them alone. Elmbrook offers a number of Care Groups to support you through each these, as well as other life issues. Questions? Contact Kelly at .
Click on any group name and email the coordinator for more information.
Grief & Loss
Our Chaplaincy Program aims to train leaders in raising the level of care for all who call Elmbrook Church their home. The three-year track includes a series of classes, as well as hands on experiences in visitation, mentoring, and ministering to those needing care. Classes are open to all interested. To apply for the Chaplaincy program, Contact Jessie at for an application.
Year 1: Chaplaincy Care Team (Level 1 Training)
- Foundations of Chaplaincy and Pastoral Care | Fall
- People Helping Skills for Assessment, Guilt/Shame/Forgiveness | Fall
- Introduction to People Helping Skills for Crisis, Trauma & Grief | Spring
- Facilitating Support Groups | Spring
Year 2: Chaplaincy Track (Level 2 Training)
- Biblical/Theological Foundations | Fall 2019-Spring 2020
- The Life of Prayer | Fall
- Foundations of Teaching | Winter
- Pastoral Care for Funerals | Spring
Year 3: Chaplaincy Track (Level 3 & 4 Training)
- Transformation and Life Change | Fall
- Ministry Across Cultures, Denominations & Generations | Nov. 16, 2019, 9-3pm
- Preparation for Licensing and Ordination | Winter
- Chaplaincy-Oriented Apologetics & Ethics | Jan. 17-18, 2020, Fri. 6-8pm & Sat. 9-3pm
- Pre-Marital Counseling & Weddings | Spring