What is FAITH PROMISE?
Since 1975, Faith Promise has been an expression of engagement by Elmbrook families and individuals in resourcing Elmbrook’s local and global mission efforts through our Harvest Fund. While our regular tithes and offerings go towards the Home Fund to support the daily operations and ministries of Elmbrook Church, Faith Promise is your opportunity to declare in faith that as God provides, you will give over and above your tithe toward Elmbrook’s local and global missions efforts through our Harvest Fund.
Why the name "Harvest" Fund?
The Harvest Fund is Elmbrook's way of responding to Jesus's words in Matthew 9:37-38:
Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.”
It is our commitment to be a congregation that sends out and supports laborers to be in the field.
What Does the Harvest Fund Support?
In the last 10 years, Elmbrook has given an amazing $25.2 million toward the Harvest Fund, representing 22-24% of our total budget during that time. Our hope and prayer
- Support and care for our 77 field worker families serving in over 45 countries, and send out three new field worker families
- Equip and train new field worker apprentices to be sent out in future years
- Continue our engagement with global refugees through organizations like Gateways2Life in Greece
- Enable the next generation of entrepreneurs in Milwaukee through partners like PRISM’s Economic Development Corporation (EDC)
- Support evangelism and church-planting both locally and globally
- Meet needs in our community through our current James Place locations and partnering to start two new James Place locations
How do I Participate in Faith Promise?
Prayerfully consider what God is prompting you to do. Then indicate your commitment in one of three ways:
- Write the amount on a Faith Promise card, tear off the bottom and turn it in during worship services or at an info center
- Respond online at elmbrook.org/faithpromise2019
- Use the Elmbrook Church app: Under the “More” menu, choose “Faith Promise”
Keep the top portion of your card somewhere where you can be reminded to pray over Elmbrook’s missions and field workers regularly. You may want to keep it in your Bible or post it visibly in a place where you spend time with God.
During the coming year, designate these gifts to the “Harvest Fund” on your giving envelope, or when you make a gift online via elmbrook.org/securegive.
And thank you for supporting the mission ministries of Elmbrook Church.