Mission Trip Application is Due Nov 28
This summer the high school ministry will be sending a team to Jarabacoa, Dominican Republic to partner with Students International. While we are in the DR students will be working at Occupational Ministry Sites.
Occupational Ministry Sites are locations where we do occupationally specific ministry that correlates with career, academic, or personal interests of the participant. By working alongside our full-time missionary staff in these focused environments – such as education, healthcare, or sports – our short-term participants are able to come together cross-culturally to encounter God, share the Good News, disciple and serve the poor.
Dates of Mission Trip: March 20-27, 2022
The objective for this trip is to broaden our perspective of the world and our responsibility to it, deepen our relationship with the Lord, and share the Gospel with others in need. We also intentionally strive to accomplish other goals such as:
* Enable students and those in the community we are serving to discover how God can use them in their occupation or area of interest.
* Provide students the opportunity to be a part of ongoing ministry and not just a short outreach where follow up is difficult. (This is one benefit of partnering long-term missionaries with short-term outreach participants.)
* Help students and those in the community they serve understand the value of meeting real needs and building personal relationships through which the Gospel can be shared.
- Students who are interested in this trip should first complete an application. We will receive applications through Nov 28th- and students will find out by midnight on the 30th whether they are a part of the team.
- Serving and being part of a small group will be very strong considerations when it comes to determining the team. There will be 5 preparation meetings before this summer that will include training on fundraising. These meetings are mandatory!
- The application is through the organization Students International. You will get a confirmation email when you complete your application. It will already address fundraising information and other details. However, you must wait to hear from the Elmbrook staff whether you are part of the team before moving forward with any fundraising.
Cost: Fundraise $2125
You will need to use the TeamID ElmbrookChurchDRJ22
Questions? Contact Jacquelyn at email@example.com